Hours: 39 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent
What are we looking for?
We are seeking experienced Working Forepersons to join our Plymouth Painting team undertaking works in and around the Devon and Cornwall area.
You will need to ensure compliance with management systems, company and client standards and statutory acts and regulations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a site based workforce including operatives, apprentices & subcontractors
- Organising workload, plant and materials
- Estimating minor project works
- Setting and achieving targets
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Attending client meetings & site surveys
- Site Health and safety including ensuring compliance with CDM regulations
You will need:
- Previous experience in a people management role i.e. a supervisory position
- A valid driving licence including use of your own vehicle, however a company van can be used dependent on contract requirements
- NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) in Painting & Decorating
- A customer focused approach
What we offer
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed minimum weekly earnings with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Industry sick pay
- Transport provided
- Regular training and performance reviews
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located on our website.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.